View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 08:15 AM
QuilterMomma

those look pretty for sure. I also had to look at some of their cool fabric and appliques. Hmmm very tempting but I took all credit cards away from myself so I can't buy anymore designs or fabric or anything until I am done with ufos. And my bills are paid up in full. Oh those medical bills anyway. but that is one cool sight and will keep that in mind.

I have been using Maderia's rayon thread and I notice that some spools like to break while others don't. I switched up to a larger needle than they say and then there was no issues at all. I went to a 90/14 embroidery needle. lots of great info here.

So I am doing the crazy quilt squares as well, what stabilizer are you using. I thought to use a tear away doubled should be sufficient but I am using batik fabrics which are already pretty stable, but then are you using foundation fabric like muslin then using the tear away stabilizer? Or would you use a cut away then do the crazy patch applique right off the start? Not sure, have nto started and Molly Maine does not have any info on them on her site, or I just cant find it, so thought to ask here. This is the first time I have used her designs and want to be ready for tomorrow when I get to work on it.

Great news! Finally, after 6 months of working on my laptop, it finally communicates with my Bernina 165 and i did not have to buy the new version or upgrade of software. i am so thrilled. Took quite a bit to do and lots of frustration because I know little about computers. I am so exstatic because I get to take my sweet little laptop with me tomorrow to sewing with friend.