View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 08:20 AM
QuilterMomma

Originally Posted by SingerSewer View Post
Designs and I have lots...how do you decide what you want to use them on? I don't like to use the heavy stitch count ones on my quilt blocks. However I continue to buy them because they are so pretty. I love the quilt block designs that are single or double run to quilt small projects. They look so precise and pretty.

I have several designs that I think are wonderful but then the stitch count will be upwards of 30,000 stitches or more. They take quite a while to stitch out. What stitch count do you ordinarily choose for quilt blocks?
I use the heavy ones on my quilt blocks if I truly like them. I do stitch them down when I quilt them as well. I just did a wall hanging that I used some heavy designs and when i quilted, I went around the embroidery, following each one and it looked so cool on the back. I know the larger stitches designs take some time, but if you really like them, it is so worth the effort. As well, I buy the designs that I think are pretty and I truly like, like the flower designs, then I stitch out what ever it is I want on my project. I found some awesome toile fabric and am going to stitch out some redwork and toile designs to coordinate. I have done some dq wallhangings with some of those heavy stitched designs because I wanted Montana to be special. It is in the project or quilt you are making which should help you decide if you truly want to stitch them out.