View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 02:37 PM
Lori S

There is an expectation with most juried shows that you will be a bit more on the arty side and have a good variety of goods at various price points. I assume you have attended the show and have a good feel for the expectations.
When is the show? , the reason I ask is that shows in November tend to do better than Dec shows ,as some of the Christmas shopping has all ready been done.
Although your first thought might be to focus on Christmas and Holiday themed goods.... from my experience only 10 - 15 percent of your inventory should be Christmas themed. People are more practical these days and want items good for more than a few weeks of use. A few exceptions can be noted , ornaments and quilted coat pins. There are others but can think of them right this moment.
Cutsie type items sell limitedly. Elegant always has a market.. particulary at the holidays so pick your fabrics carefully. Avoid making what everyone else is making .. the only thing left to sell your goods is PRICE!
I can tell you that from my experience, and I have done very well even in the down economy, by focusing on exquiste fabrics , excellent construction and unique designs.

Last edited by Lori S; 05-04-2012 at 02:39 PM.