Old 01-20-2008, 08:48 PM
Moonpi

There's been a couple other threads like this before. I am not exactly a "people person" and would just get out of there if other options were available. It is one of the reasons I do not belong to one here - once they find out you are not sewing on a high-price machine, or would dare to use fabric not purchased for $20/yard, nothing else matters. You are automatically declared as underclass.

There are wonderful guilds out there, but not always available or convenient for everyone. Go with your gut - are you getting enough "good stuff" to tolerate one killjoy? She sounds like one of those "quilt police"

I do not suffer fools gladly, and at some point, would probably be rude to her and invite her to do unladylike things to herself. :!: :!: :!:
<How is that for political correctness?>

I think that is one of the draws here - creativity, skill, and wisdom are prized. Sure, there are people with pricey machines AND people with Walmart specials. There are paper piecers and applique folks and newbies and old timers. That diversity sparks a lot of creativity, and adds to the addictive aspects of quilting.