View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 12:46 AM
Aurora

Five members from our guild went for two days with a local bus tour company. Some members thought it was a bit pricey, but I found it well worth the $232. Our rooms were in Sikeston, a very pleasant ride from Paducah. We toured the museum, the Rotary, and spent most of the second day at the show. Our tour guide and bus even took three of us back to the Rotary and Hancocks of Paducah on the second day.

I found such a hugh selection of stencils for hand quilting at the Stencil Company booth at the Rotary and I purchased so many stencils and marking pencils. Of course, I found beautiful coordinated FQs. I think I could have spendt hours in the the back room at Hancocks of Paducah.

Next year the tour guide mentioned perhaps a three-day trip so we could spend an entire day in town at the antique and fabric shops. I have already started a fund for spending money for that trip. When their flyer comes out in December, I plan to sign up. It was well worth the fare to not have to drive or worry about finding a room. It was much more enjoyable and far less tiring.