Old 05-05-2012, 04:48 AM
jcrow

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho

Originally Posted by Aquarius View Post
I am just like you. I wouldn't know the first thing about designing my own quilt. I see patterns in magazines and on the computer that I think that I would like to make and just stick to them. I hope to one day make all the quilts that I have found and would love to make. there just doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day to do it. Little by little, I will get them done. I also love scrappy quilts, crazy quilts and bright colored quilts. Simple is good for me, but sometimes I try a pattern that I think might be beyond my capabilities and surprise myself by just going block by block and get it done. I seem to be getting better with every quilt I make. Whatever is comfortable for you just stick to it. they will all be beautiful.
I am glad you all wrote. I don't feel so bad any more. Now I see I'm not alone in using a pattern. But I think I need to do what Aquarius said and go beyond my capabilities. I'm not sure about Y seams yet. I've read the board enough to know they are hard and that scares the dickens out of me. Thank you everyone who responded.