View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 12:11 PM
Anastasia

Default Getting back into it

Well, I'm new to the world of sewing and quilting. I've helped my mom cut out pieces for quilts, and come up with ideas for quilts, but I've definitely never quilted one. I think on my ex-mother-in-law's quilt I quilted about an inch of it. My mom hand quilts and machine pieces.

I think part of the reason is I'm a perfectionist and I don't want to screw up. But I like to create things. So before I get to the important things like quilting, I've been making little toys and things for a couple of upcoming babies. I have all these ideas and half started projects hanging out on my dining room table.

But I'm proud to say, I finished one today!! I made a little bear hat for a baby out of blue & yellow fleece. It's super cute, but I'm considering it a prototype. I would like the ears to be a little bigger, and I need to remember to make the stretch go sideways so that it can stretch around a head, rather than up and down.

So does that mean it's actually finished? I don't think it does. haha. Ohwell! At least I know what I'm doing for once. Next I'm going to work on some baby booties. I'm sure I'll have prototypes of those too cause they include elastic and I haven't worked with elastic since I was in Jr. high.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 05-05-2012 at 12:39 PM.