View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 05:27 PM
sahm4605

Cool Happy dance I finished a quilt

I am sooooo excited. I have finished a quilt for a wonderful older lady who is "retiring" being in charge of a girls youth group at my church. I had the girls all color pictures on white fabric like they were making thank you cards for her. It came out really good on the back I also took a group pic of the girls and printed it on fabric and put it in the center of the squares that I had the girls all color. the pic is of the other side of the quilt. I had a pattern that i wanted to try that I saw in a catalog and just made it up as I went without the pattern. I think that it came out well. it is around 60ish"s square. I hope that she really really really likes it. We are giving it to her on Monday night and I have been freaking out that I might not finish in time. But I did with a day and some hours to spare. Just need to wash it now. Lets all keep our fingers crossed that it doesn't bleed like a slaughtered pig. I plan on putting it in with like 3 color catchers. But I am soooooo excited. ( i hope that it makes her cry in a good way, is that wrong that I am hoping for such a thing?) I would have a pic of the back with the colored thank you squares but don't want to step on parents toes with the pic of the girls on the back. please excuse the feet in the pic. hubby was laying on the couch watching Basketball game and didn't want his head showing. hehe
Attached Thumbnails imag0599.jpg  

Last edited by sahm4605; 05-05-2012 at 05:30 PM.