View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 07:30 PM
Suze9395

Default Sewing Space Re-Org

I have been using a corner our large master bedroom as my sewing space for awhile now. It was awful. Cramped, disorganized couldn't get to anything and things didn't get put away--what a mess.

My DH offered me more than half of our 13'x26' bedroom we have been discussing doing the reorg for a few months. Two weeks ago I measured all the furniture and mapped out a new layout. The new layout included buying new 10' poles for my quilting frame(up from about 7') and bringing in a second 3'x6' desk.

Well, I have been working on the project for two weekends. Gosh, who knew it takes so much time! And, it still isn't done!

Last weekend, we rearranged all the furniture and bought the new frame poles and I did some initial organizing.

This weekend, I have been working on putting my stash on comic book boards. And, this afternoon we bought some cabinets, the unfinished ready made kitchen type cabinets from Home Depot and got them hung up. (Happy Mother's Day!!)

It is still a mess and a work in progress, and I failed to take before pictures, but I will take some pictures of the current status tomorrow and get them posted. I could use a little encouragement.

Tonight, all I can do is go to bed.
Where is the sewing room fairy? I wish she would come and waive her magic wand over my space.

Good night, happy Cinco de Mayo!
Suze