View Single Post
Old 05-06-2012, 06:24 AM
mmb195152

I truly understand what you are saying. I have worn your shoes. In many ways I have been worse, as I love/hate taking classes, as I feel like I am the dumbest, slowest, clutziest person in the room. I still am scared to cut if I REALLY like the fabric. I am currently taking some classes on Crafty- purchased when they were half priced. there is a free one on there that is very good. I purposely purchased fabric specifically for that class, (less expensive) so that I if I screw up, I won't be out so much. Instead of the expensive fat quarters they use, I bought yardage that matched. My plan is to take a few months, and only quilt things for myself, as I have given everything else away. I am going to try new techniques, and not be so critical of myself. As Nike says, Just Do It! Though it is a real struggle for me, I love being creative and constantly learning. I also have made many things for other people, I think because my love for them was greater than my fear. Maybe that mission will help get you started. Mary