View Single Post
Old 05-06-2012, 07:44 AM
lvaughan

Default Thread? Piecing/Quilting etc.

I'm sure this has been covered numerous times, but here I go asking again. What brand/weight thread do you use for piecing and longarm quilting? I have a cone of unnamed thread in black that got trashed last night. This cone pulls, shreads and blobs. I have other colors of the same thread that act just fine. I want to find a good, strong and as lint free piecing thread as possible. I want to replace the other thread colors I have that do sew fine to get thread I can be more confident will last as long as the quilt fabrics. I bought the Walmart and Joann's serger thread on a recommendation but now think it's not strong enough.

Now for longarm thread - what is a good basic thread? I have several cones of Permacore, again based on a recommendation from a quilter. It is a strong thread but can be linty. I have tried Glide but for some reason it doesn't want to stay wound on the bobbin, gets loose and then the tension gets off.

What I want is a good basic everyday, every project thread. I don't plan to use anything like metallic, glow-in-the-dark or embroidery thread, etc. for quilting.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
Linda