Old 05-06-2012, 08:11 AM
JENNR8R

Default What Should I Pay for This Custom Long-Armed Quilting?

Long story short... I made two quilts that I really loved, but I didn't know how to quilt them. I found a long-arm quilter that does beautiful work. I pretty much left it up to her how to quilt it because I had no clue. My only request was that I wanted the blocks to stand out from the background on the first one (first two pictures). She said that she would "try" to keep the cost below $200. We never discussed the price on the second one (third and fourth pictures).

That was last June, and she told me not to expect them back until December. The only correspondence that I received from her was in November saying that she would start my beautiful quilt soon. After 11 months I received the quilts in the mail with this note:

"...Your quilts are finished & I think turned out wonderful. Because I have had them so long there w/be NO charge for the quilting - I was so busy this past year that I didn't know whether I was coming or going - and they got put on the back burner - My apologies for the delay..."

No way will I let her give me the custom quilting for "NO charge." The first one is 55 inches x 76 inches, and the second one is 47 inches square. What do you think is a fair price to pay her?
Attached Thumbnails la-quilting-001.jpg   la-quilting-002.jpg   la-quilting-003.jpg   la-quilting-004.jpg