View Single Post
Old 05-06-2012, 09:57 AM
Linda - K.

Originally Posted by beatys9 View Post
All this chat is making me want to plan for next year. Linda K - where did you fly into? I'm in Seattle & I know SW has direct flights to Nashville...
I went to Milwaukee to meet up with my cousin and we drove around going to her siblings' area first in OH then drove through WV, NC (where 2 other cousins live), over to TN then up to Paducah from the Nashville area. There were people talking about flying into St. Louis to go to the show. I would check out which airport would be the best drive to Paducah. My cousin has gone to Paducah in the past on bus tours and says the hotels they have booked are better than what we got off the AQS web site recommendation. Of course, a bus tour from Seattle wouldn't be much fun!

We stayed in Mt. Juliet outside Nashville in a newer HI Express hotel. I noticed it was close to the airport and people told us not to stay in Nashville. I don't know much about St. Louis since I've never been there.

I'm glad I went but would try and get a better hotel next time--and book early! Metropolis was about 7 mi from Paducah and once we parked in Paducah, there were buses to take us around the area and we didn't have to worry about parking at each place we stopped. There was parking next to the main hall of the show for only $5 a day.