View Single Post
Old 05-06-2012, 03:05 PM
LindaM49

Welcome from PA. I started sewing when I was little and sewed clothes off an on since. But, like you, I was always in a hurry too. Didn't press seams etc. and wasn't always happy with the finished outfit. lol Sad story for me was...my first quilting project began in 1999 when my mother was dying of cancer. When she died the pieces went into a bag and stayed there. I started back sewing clothing a little bit and decided to do it right. Made a couple of things that I was pleased with how they turned out.

Then I saw a book on making fabric purses...bought it and had fun making them. Thought about quilting again and decided to jump back in. Loving just about every minute of it...except for those times you have to use the seam ripper. But like you, I am taking my time, measuring more than once and pressing every seam.

And this group is so helpful. I read this board several times a day. I love looking at all of the beautiful things the others have made. Oh...I'm 62 and often think I wish I would have stayed with the sewing and quilting after my mother died. I'd have made so many more things.