View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012, 09:50 AM
jcrow

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho
Default When you do decide you are not a newbie?

I first started quilting in 1992 and then started making rag dolls and sold them in quilt shops along with the patterns. I did that for years. Then I started doing other hobbies. About 3 years ago I got back into quilting and 2 years ago I quit my job and I quilt about 3-4 days a week. I have made over 20 quilts, but I've never made a Y seam (don't even want to try) and shy away from hard blocks. I still fumble over flying geese. I finally had to make them using the one seam method. I see all the beautiful quilts everyone makes here and some of the newbie ones and I still can't figure out if I am a newbie or not. I have a LOT to learn. I don't quilt my quilts. I take them to the LAQ. I applique a lot. I'm learning paper piecing now. I'm doing the free BOM at www.craftsy.com and have been able to make every block easily, but they are easy blocks, which is what I do. But when I look at all the pictures of everyone's quilts, I think I belong in the "newbie" section. So should I consider myself a newbie, which is fine by me because then I don't feel so guilty that I don't try advanced blocks.