Old 05-07-2012, 11:38 AM
buslady

WOW Thayerrags, it is just like it! Where did you find it, and maybe you can help me figure out how much to offer the guy. He inherited the shop a few years ago, and really has no interest in it. Says he can't make it pay. I felt like telling him that he would do much better if he changed his attitude. I like to chat about the things I find, he took offense when no offense was intended! For instance, he had a baby quilt that was hand quilted. It was absolutely thread bare and the stuffing was gone in spots, stained badly, and the binding was split at the fold...... I asked him how much he wanted then offered him $5 for it. He snapped right back, I said $10, I can have my niece put a new binding on it and it will be like new. My friend and I said something to the effect that he should think about it before adding anything to it, as it's attraction was how worn and loved it was. He got very pissy, "I didn't say I was gonna, just said I could, and I could if I wanted to cause it is mine". So I didn't really say much about anything else. I did mention that if he were only asking $200 or so, I might be more willing to deal, but I didn't know enough about the machine to say how much it might be worth. He mumbled something about $250, so I think he might have dealt on it.