View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 05:05 AM
callen

Originally Posted by vhord620 View Post
I hope newbies are reading this....I'm 70, a beginner quilter, altho I've dabbled in quilting over the years. It was never satisfying to me, too much work, and never a good result. I have always been a "getter done" crafter, never taking my time, but rushing to get on to the next project in my head.

This time around I've learned so much from this quilting board. I've made all the normal mistakes, and probably some not so "normal". But I'm determined! I want to be a good quilter! I can do it!

I'm taking more time to read directions, being more careful to cut accurately, still working on the "perfect seam". Startching as I go, Pressing after each step....things I always shortcutted before.

And my quilting is looking soooo much better, I'm getting much more pleasure out of my effort, and really enjoying each process so much more, (even the ironing that I used to hate), some day I might just be a quilter.

So, if you're a newbie, and if you're frustrated...take my advice...slow down! enjoy what you do! life is too short, but don't hurry thru it, live each day, enjoy each day!

Hugs to all the experts that have the patience to guide us newbies in learning this enjoyable craft.

Viv
I agree 100% with you. I am fairly new to this craft also & the best thing that I did was join this board. The members are generous with their knowledge & expertise & for that I am truly grateful. They are the most unselfish group of people that I have had the honour of inter-acting with. Thank you all so much for your help & kindness & to all the Mothers out there - Happy Mother's Day (sorry guys, your day is coming !!)
Carol (a proud Canadian)