View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 07:14 PM
Neesie

Thanks, everyone! It's really just one bed; the pups are taking turns on it. The top is backed with fleece, made separately, then half of it is sewn into the bed, which has a fleece top. Once it's sewn together, it forms a fleece "pocket" for the dogs to crawl into. I made an inner pillow, so the cover can be removed and washed.

My friend and I had bought similar beds (plain fabric tops), many years ago, from a lady on a message board. Several years ago, we were told she had passed away. Eventually, those beds wore out and my friend was wanting another one (without holes), so I offered to make her one. I wanted to make it special, so added the double-sized quilt block. It didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped; I used 1/2" seams, ironed all to the side, and trimmed NOTHING, in order to make it sturdier. The seams got a bit bulky, around the middle . . . but since my friend also sews, I knew she'd forgive the puckering . . . and the dogs never noticed seams! LOL Here's the inside, with all three of her pups.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]334043[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dogbedbenjikaceeemmy2.jpg