View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 08:35 PM
JanTx

Default $12.99/yd Jo-ann fabric

Yes --- $12.99/yd for fabric at Jo-anns. I bought 1 1/2 yds and had a 50% off coupon. Paid $9.74 for 1 1/2 yd so ... came to about $6.50/yd. I would not have bought it without a coupon, but was really shocked at the price. My LQS has some $10.99/yd fabric, but I haven't seen any yet that is more.

Here's my thought ... for what was priced at $12.99 I got to wander around with my little scraps in my hand and pull bolts and look, and muse, and wonder if this was the best I could find. No happy talk, no consultations, pull my number and wait. I showed the cutting clerk what I was trying to match, but got no feed back. For LESS than that per yard at my beloved LQS I get people who will ooohhhh and ahhhhh over what I bring in. I get people who will scour the shop to find what they think is wonderful. I get other customers who join in the oohing and ahhing. I get people who will help me lay out my choices and then step back to let me decide. It's even possible that the next time I go in someone will ask how that project came out.

So why did I go to Jo-ann's? I have trouble getting to my LQS within their store hours and I was lured by the coupons. Had a doctor's appointment in the big city an hour from our little town and took my daughter to lunch and shopped at Jo-anns before my appointment. I'd like this project finished by this weekend and the soonest I could get in my LQS is Saturday. But ... lesson learned ... sometimes it's not the price per yard that shows the quality of the experience.

The green outer border is the $12.99/yd fabric.
Attached Thumbnails dsc02421.jpg  

Last edited by JanTx; 05-08-2012 at 08:53 PM.