Old 05-09-2012, 02:16 AM
AshleyR

Well, ya'll, I really want to try this. And I don't normally like to make tops, but this is really something that's nagging me to try! I don't have a wedding gown, so I put an ad on Craigslist that basically says, if you'll let me cut up your wedding gown, I'll give you the quilt when I'm done. I've had 7 ladies email me (one backed out) about doing it to their wedding gown and one asking if I'd make a T-Shirt quilt. I figure there are so many of you making quilts to give away to charities that I could fork up the batting and thread to learn how to do this. Each and every email I've gotten has gotten the following reply: I've had a couple of ladies email me about it. I do need to warn you that I have never made a crazy quilt before. I'm sure it will turn out just lovely, but I don't want someone to have expectations of a $5000 quilt. It's just something I want to do, but I don't have a wedding gown. Also, it might take a long time.

I'll have to choose one to do and go from there. Like I said, one backed out after I sent that email and I haven't heard back from some. I will take lots of pictures along the way and will probably be asking the board loads of questions!!