View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 03:53 AM
mommabear62

Unhappy Need some advice.

I am a new quilter and inexperienced when it comes to quilting designs. I took my second quilt that I made to a lady who does long arm quilting. I made "The Underground Railroad" quilt and was so happy with my piecing! The colors are beautiful and I am just so tickled with the quilt. It took me almost 5 months to get the quilt back. Being inexperienced I thought the quilt looked very nice. She did a different design in each block and then meandered around the borders. When I took my quilt to the quilt guild that I joined they all agreed that she should have quilted in the sashing that was around each block. She did nothing in any of the sashing. The meandering in the border on one side is probably a good two to 3 inches from the edge compared to the other 3 sides and she has 2 big blurps (folds) in the backing where it was not pulled tight. I was charged $300.00. They just about died when I told them this, said it was way to much. They told me I should not say anything to her. I am just sick. Is it a no no to talk to her about this. She has a beautiful quilt shop that I have bought a lot of fabric from.