Old 05-09-2012, 06:03 AM
MdmSew'n'Sew

Since the el piece is the right height, I would see if someone could move the drawer to the left side of the desktop (most of these pieces are modular, so moving the drawer may not be a problem), then turn it so the desk is along the left wall and the el section is where the desk now sits - a lot easier than cutting and fussing, you'd still have the extra space while quilting, wouldn't lose the storage space in the drawer, and a whole lot easier, I would think. If you were piecing, your machine could be anywhere on the el work space, so you have plenty of room to manage all the pieces, etc. around the machine as you work, if you were quilting, you could move it so it was right on the edge where the two pieces come together, so the quilt doesn't fall into a chasm and get bunched up. Or maybe just move it closer to the joint, and add a phone book or something to make a 'bridge' to the desktop. Just not my phone book, it's about 6x8" and 3/4" thick - will be good for strip piecing but not much use when trying to create height!

Last edited by MdmSew'n'Sew; 05-09-2012 at 06:07 AM.