View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 06:17 AM
WMUTeach

I guess I never thought about this before. I have been sewing since I was a child. I did some quilting for store displays but all from kits. After some life events I was given my sister-in-law's stash and began quilting in earnest. I considered myself new to quilting but I was an experienced "sewer". I think I passed from newbie to intermediate when I started reading the board posting and saying to myself, I know that and I do that or I know that, tried it and it did not work for me. No very scientific but that is how I defined my passage from newbie to intermediate.

Who needs the label in the long run. Quilt for the joy of it. There is no need to replicate what you see on the board unless you wish to choose to challenge yourself. Enjoy the beauty of the quilts of others and if a technique catches your interest, give it a try, ask questions here or of any quilting friends that you may have. It is not a contest, it is a journey. Some of use only go a little way from home on journeys but we love the trip. Others travel long distances and others just go to the far regions of the galaxy. What fun for us to have peeks of our member's travels!