View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 06:40 AM
FroggyinTexas

Congratulations on your degree and in accounting, too! WOW! If I were you I would concentrate on how this art form has evolved from something our grandmothers did not only to express themselves, but also as a way to use every scrap of fabric they could salvage, into a multi-billion dollar a year business with hundreds of inventors dedicated to creating useful tools for quilters, thousands of quilt shop entrepreneurs, who knows how many fabric designers, conflicts over copyright law, etc. Good luck. froggyintexas

Originally Posted by michelehuston View Post
I am in my final quarter of college and will have my degree in accounting in 5 weeks! Yay! My problem lies in the fact that I have been trying to fo an informative speech for a week now and my brain is so fried that I cannot even form correct thoughts! I am doing my speech on quilting and how it is not just something 'your grandmother used to do' but how it has become an art form as well. Can anyone toss a couple ideas, a few sentences that I can use to help demonstrate where I am coming from. Like I said, my brain is mush! Six months ago this would have been easy, but this last quarter has really pushed me beyond limits! I just need a month in my sewing room to get back to normal. Thank you all in advance!!!