Thread: cutting strips
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 06:56 AM
Geri B

AND, what IF you don't wash and dry them and they shrink after your quilt is all beautifully done if you haven't heavily quilted it? I shudder to think of what the outcome would be and I don't want my quilts to look puckered up after all that work.[/QUOTE]

True about fabric not being square enough off the bolt most of the time.....when I work with yardage, I will rip the end to get a straight, if it is way off, I will have someone hold two corners, I hold two and we diagonally pull on that fabric to get it straight, then even off that edge........as far as washing/drying.........first I will say I do not "wash/dry" all my fabric...if there is one I am in doubt of, I will cut off a piece, put in a cup of hot water and see if it bleeds, if so, I will replace it with another. I can't see the sensibility of "washing/drying" in washing machine and dryer....waste all that water, use all that electricity....our quilting sisters of the past just cut and sewed....and the puckers are the quilt's kisses!!!! JMHO