Thread: Auction Finds!
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2009, 04:42 AM
Roben

We went to an auction yesterday with our dear neighbors - the auction bill only listed a sewing machine in cabinet, but we thought we'd go check it out anyway since my neighbor lady and I both quilt. After all, you never know, right?

Turns out that this was an estate sale; the gentleman was into woodworking in a big way (so is DH), loved tools (as does my neighbor guy) and his wife had only been quilting for about 40 years.... :shock: :shock:

Below is a picture of what I bought; my neighbor lady bought just as much. We have about 5 years of at least 3 different quilting magazines (mid 80's to mid 90's), templates galore, 2 tubs of fabrics, and the absolute jewel that is in the tall cardboard box - full size, mapped out quilting patterns and applique patterns on freezer paper and they are *huge* (at least 24" blocks - I haven't measured yet for sure.) I didn't bid on the Janome Memorycraft 4000 or the Babylock serger (it wasn't the jet air threaded, it was an older one) because DH would probably tan my hide if I brought more sewing machines home.

The best part was that I got to visit with this couple's son, really got to find out about his Mom and her quilting - and got to reassure him that her treasures were going to 2 quilters who were honored to have them.

I think I have my work cut out for me :shock: :D

I have no clue where to start organizing all this at the moment!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]45602[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-45602.jpe