Old 05-09-2012, 07:28 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

It'd be hard to give requirements in advance ........ Eg. Week 2 person gives instructions. Meanwhile #3 person might have some ideas brewing, but could not finalize them, til they knew what #2 assigned. #3's idea might work, yet their idea might be thrown in the trash and they might come up with a totally different one. Clear as Mud?

I remember one that was posted on here .... it'd been a Guild project. EAch person started with a middle, then each month were given the assigned work: add 4" all around; add 6" to the top/bottom; use 3 fabrics and ... ; etc.. Often times they were given a technique that had to be done: include PPing (some might do the whole border, some might choose one focal item); include a flange; add some applique work; etc.

I wish I knew where it was to look at it again ... I remember it being a winter scene with snowmen, primarily blue. I seem to recall the applique were some mittems with a dummy string joining them.

GGal ... you think some weeks it'd be more difficult? Could it be anymore challenging than some of these blocks we've been doing!!!

CarrieM ... ITA with GGal, there's some good border books. I saw one last summer during a Shop Hop then didn't purchase it and yes, have kicked myself since!

I haven't used any of these ... yet! There's some really nice unique quilt border ideas here .........
http://www.quilterscache.com/B/Borders.html