View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 10:54 AM
debs

Talking

Anxious to hear more from you as you have more time to play with it.
For now I've decided to wait!
My good friend who has an embroidery machine said she would do anything I wanted her to for me, and also like the others commenting here said the size of the embroidery field is one of the most important and the Brother one is the small size. She suggested looking for a used or refurbished model if I really want an embroidery machine.

So for now I've decided to spend that money that is burning a hole in my pocket on some furniture to put my current machines on, so I don't have to keep putting them away.

Of course that is just as hard of a decision to make!
Anxious to see some of the embroidery your machine will do, so please show it!

Originally Posted by DJ View Post
Greetings!
I bought the PE500 a few days ago. I'm a machine embroidery virgin, but have thought about a machine for a couple years now. I decided not to ask about this machine at my local sewing machine dealer, since the last time I conferred with them, they had me believing I wouldn't be happy unless I bought a better machine, and had me looking at $2,000-$3,000. That's just to much for a new toy at this time. So I went ahead with the under $300 Brother. I can consider it a "starter". So I'm looking for links to tutorials, etc.

I've done a couple embroidery designs that came with the machine so far. It seems to work great. I think I'm going to have lots of fun with it.

Let me know what you decide.

Anyone who wants to share how-to knowledge with me, please do!