View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 11:31 AM
Prism99
Power Poster

I would not have volunteered any information about it. You think it's your money, right? Why say anything? Since you have already volunteered information, I would simply not add to it.

Why does your husband think it's his money? Why do you feel it necessary to justify your purchases to him? Does he have any hobbies?

It seems to me that wives bring these problems on themselves by raising expectations in the husbands that the men have final say in every little thing that goes on in the household. Why do wives feel the need for permission? I make some purchasing decisions independent of my husband, he makes some purchasing decisions independent of me, and we collaborate on major purchasing decisions. I can see raising objections over a $1,000 purchase without consultation, but not over a $200 decision. Maybe it depends on household income? Not sure.....

Edit: I just read the second page of posts (after all this time, WHY do I still forget to check for another page???) and saw your second post. I would just hold back on purchasing more quilting stuff for a month to make up for this purchase. And go on with life from there.....

Last edited by Prism99; 05-09-2012 at 11:34 AM.