View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 02:11 PM
callie8799

Jennalyn,
I am in a bit of rush so I didn't read the entire thread, but your needs sounds like mine.

I just recently purchased a Babylock Jane as my primary machine. I didn't want all those buttons and gadgets, for I am mainly piecing and want to be able to quilt on the machine (at least stitch in the ditch). Here is what I found out about the BabyJane that propelled me to purchase it:
* It has a deep and wide throat- great for rolling up quilts when FMQ
* It comes with an extension table
* It can be put onto rails to be used for FMQ also (for pieces that are way to big to fit in the throat
* Easy to use -5 buttons total (only one type of stitch- straight)
* come with alot of various feet (1/4", zipper, free motion... I haven't opened the bag yet so I'm sure there is more).
* It does have "automatic scissors
* you have the ability to leave the needle down as you move the feeddogs to move fabric. I know I typed this wrong
*there is a "knee lift" attachment- haven't used it- I sit mine on a table so I don't think it would work, but i haven't tried out.
* very simple machine (I love simplicity) that you really don't need to read the manual- but it is always good to do so
* I haven't got to this point, but it does do 1500 stitches a minute and so far I do like the side loading bobbin.

the price was $800 (I'm in PA) and from going 2 Babylock dealers- you can haggle the pricing a bit. Now, it is heavier than what you have but it can be lifted. I do hear this is similar to the Juki. I feel this is a good quality machine that I will have a long time.

best wishes on your search,
Deb

Last edited by callie8799; 05-09-2012 at 02:16 PM. Reason: computer went wonky & submitted post b4 I was done