View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 05:07 PM
Jenniky

Muv.... tomorrow Im going to give the stems on my dgd's quilt a go again using your method. I also was inspired by your tutorial on antique applique.

Muvs Method:
Fold and iron the material on the diagonal. Then cut the folded material through both thicknesses. For these stems I am cutting half an inch from the fold. Then lay the strip, still folded, on the backing material and pin in position. Have the end with the selvedge at the bottom of the stem. Then stitch one eighth of an inch from the raw edges. Next, fold the stem over and iron into place so the stitching and raw edges are covered, then stitch down the folded edge by hand. The stem will be three eighths of an inch thick. The raw edges at the top of the stem will be covered by the applique flower.

I havent had time to catch up on reading all the posts while I was away however, the pictures are worth a thousand words everyone who has posted pictures of their projects in the works. So many different processes and techniques. Let me just say WOW so much talent and beautiful fabrics everyone.