View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 06:51 PM
nightquilter

My daughter just presented her senior project for collage, it was on quilting. She is going into middle school math and designed a quilt square for her collage.After weeks of reshearch she picked a block.That was hung last week on the music building at Lenior-Rhyne university You can talk about how the quilt trail blocks has put a new twist on a old way of life, how much math plays a part in ,the need for having a eye for colors how they blend and play off each other. How history is told in some blocks and the quilters ability to create art from fabric and thread Good Luck>
Originally Posted by michelehuston View Post
I am in my final quarter of college and will have my degree in accounting in 5 weeks! Yay! My problem lies in the fact that I have been trying to fo an informative speech for a week now and my brain is so fried that I cannot even form correct thoughts! I am doing my speech on quilting and how it is not just something 'your grandmother used to do' but how it has become an art form as well. Can anyone toss a couple ideas, a few sentences that I can use to help demonstrate where I am coming from. Like I said, my brain is mush! Six months ago this would have been easy, but this last quarter has really pushed me beyond limits! I just need a month in my sewing room to get back to normal. Thank you all in advance!!!