Old 05-10-2012, 04:55 AM
Geri B

Originally Posted by 3incollege View Post
You sound like me... is this really worth it. I will try again to do this , my grandson is due in June . What's up with all this cloth diapers , I couldn't believe my dd when she told me she won't be buying pampers.
I feel the same...I recently heard about this from a family member who was doing this with her new baby.....even had something installed on the toilet to "flush" the solid waste ?????????
My first question was......how is this green?????? Using more water, electricity, gas (dryer), detergent-what kind would also be a question, and mom's time. Plus this "stuff" cannot be bought at the local Walmart....special places at very special prices......now the kicker on this one was she had just traveled 50 miles round trip to go to a person's house to purchase "slightly used" what I called the rubber pants....so there was gas cost there..plus going to a stranger's house?????? Found this person on the net at some site.....too many questions in my mind... Now don't get me wrong, when I had my babies--in the last century, I had diaper service, my daughters had disposables, and now my granddaughter uses disposable...I undertstand those disposables are now more biodegradeable than they previously were so there is an improvement there. I see where trying to eliminate some of our solid waste is an admirable thing, but then I also see some fanaticism at work sometimes.......There are places on the earth that do so much more to destroy our world that our disposable diapers will ever do. If someone wants to do cloth diapers-really good for dustclothes afterwards...do the old fashioned ones...I defy one to find what we used to use as rubber pants.....I could go on and on but I won't because it won't make any difference...we are all entitled to our opinions...