Old 05-10-2012, 05:37 AM
Geri B

I don't have what you have, I have an APQS, but thread breaking happens to all of us....checklist: the smalles amount of lint hidden in the bobbin area or the bobbin itself can cause havoc....clean with dry paint brush every two rows of work.......if using cotton thread-give it a spritz of water..sometimes cotton dries out and snaps....needle might not be "just right", tensions might be off, sandwich way too tight on frame. Keep the tension of sandwich about the same as you would if handquilting.....slow down your speed, or at least keep your speed even with your machine set speed....moving faster than the stitches can be made will cause thread breakage, check for burrs on faceplate, if so gently rub out with crocus cloth (obtained from hardware store), and if you are to oil your machine, make sure you have done that.....only use sewing machine oil, anything else will clog up the works......that is just a few of the many things that can cause thread breakage.........most of the time I have found my breakage occurs when a tiny piece of lint has gotten in the way......remember LINT-new four letter word!!!!!!