View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 06:00 AM
0tis

I am concerned about her not giving you an estimate because she wanted to do custom quilting in each block. That alone sounds fishy to me. I have my own longarm and though I am far from being good - I do my own qults. One tme I sent a quilt (queen size) to be quilted and the longarm quilter went through the whole quilt with me - first showed me some of his previous quilts and how they were quilted -then we used some of those ideas to incorporate into my quilt. After that he told me how much it would be according to what I asked for - it was around $ 150.00 for a custom quilt - also we signed a contract spelling out what would be done and how much - there were no surprises - I feel bad that you were taken advantage of - it really doesn't speak well about that person not being up front about the fees and then not wanting to fix the "burps" - that being said - I hope that your quilt is beautiful and you will enjoy it - I thnk this is a lesson that we all need to learn about getting things in writing and being clear about what is expected. Hope all is well.