Old 05-10-2012, 09:10 AM
DACO48

Default Quilt basting spray question, help me please!!

I looked for an answer on the board before posting this question but did not find one, hope this is not a redundant question but I sure need some help.
A friend asked me to make a LARGE table runner for their family Christmas table which will lay on top of a tablecloth. When I say large, the runner is 14 feet long. As it is so large, I am going to sew it like an envelope, turn right side out. It will not have a binding on it, so someone does not set stemware on the binding and turn the glass over. I am putting a nice quality flannel as the batting. My question: Because of the size, it was recommended to me that I spray baste the sandwich. As it will be turned right side out, spray basting it will require that I spray on the right sides of of the fabric sandwich I am concerned this will mark the fabric on the front and back. I could also spray the both sides of the flannel but again, I don't know if it will mark the front and back. Help me please, I am in a quandry!! The runner is finished and I'm at a standstill.