View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 12:34 PM
Diannia

I so understand you not being able to understand that woman's lack of caring. My mother threw a quilt top onto a garbage heap when she was selling her house. Thankfully her cousin was buying the house, saw the top and emailed me and asked if I wanted it...YES I wanted it! Unfortunately, I never found out who made it...my mom had Alzheimers and by the time I got the top mailed to me I knew she wouldn't remember it.

I had a lady from church come up to me 2 Sundays ago and ask if I'd be interested in some quilt blocks her mother had made...her mother passed away in 1979 and the blocks were in a cedar chest. The lady said there was no one in her family that would appreciate them and knew that I would! Yea for me! There is a whole baby quilt top done in Sunbonnet Sue (still missing her arms, feet and some embroidery work). On the alternate blocks the lady had embroideried baby things. I'm going to finish up the Sue's then hand quilt it all. There were also a few other blocks and templates. I felt so honored receiving this treasured gift! I'm going to get the lady's information and be sure to include it on the back when I'm finished. My father-in-law fell in love with the top and said to make sure I show it to him when I'm finished and if he were me he'd keep it and hang it on his wall and never give it away...

Diannia