Old 05-10-2012, 10:28 PM
urgodschild2

Oh that is so pretty. I like the hummingbirds too.

No the quilt was not made in 1883 but recently. Apparently from what I heard the quilters were asked to put for sale signs on their quilts with the price they would sell their quilts for. They were to take in account cost of material and the time invested in making them. The person put the price of their's at $80,000 and really had no intention of selling it at all but after the show a person contacted her and offered $70,000. She let it go. I think the original intent was to let the people who come to the shows to realize how much time one invests in doing those quilts and the costs involved.

Dragonfly Nana........You gave me a great laugh today. I can just picture you trying to figure out what to do and talking to yourself quite colorfully. I came home from Australia with the thought of what should I do. Well I had bought a book some time ago that is titled Crazy Quilt Stitches and it has great squares in there so I am using that.
THese type of quilts do take a lot of time. I think even if I machine embroidered it, it still would be more time then actually doing another type of quilt. So far what you all have done is so pretty. You all inspire me to keep going.