Old 05-11-2012, 05:55 AM
buslady

Ok, I think I have caught up, had to skip some, but wanted to see what you all were doing with this one since Krystyna bullied me to join. LOL As if I needed one, I think I might have another passion! This is sooooooooo much fun. I started my quilt for Brenda21 last week, or actually finished starting it. I had started putting together some crazy quilt blocks a year ago or so, (hey this might also count as a finished UFO!!). So, anyway, I started working to make them a little bigger and join them. Trying to get the thing square. You DO NOT want to hear my method for this, it is not conventional. Well, all of a sudden it hit me. And I cut it up into smaller squares, added a sashing and now I am embelishing it. After all that, here is my question. If I am adding my embelishments, some by hand and some by machine, do I do that before or after I quilt it. From the pictures, it looks like a little of both. I sewed some ric rac on using my 301 and didn't like it so I tore it off. Don't want to spend the time ripping, so thought I would get a little feedback from the "experts". Going to spend the day at the park tomorrow watching DGK's play ball, so thought I would do my handwork there, so I need to get the machine work done before then. I am really enjoying this, can"t wait to see more pictures. Thanks, Krystyna, for getting me involved in this!!!