View Single Post
Old 05-11-2012, 06:39 AM
Caswews

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

Originally Posted by jcrow View Post
I have a big 24" x 72" cutting mat. I got a bargain on it and couldn't pass it up. I am so happy I bought a really big mat. It was an investment, but I have sooooo much cutting room. I also use Olfa rotary cutters, 45mm. And I use Olfa rulers, too. And it's true, each brand of ruler is a tad different from each other. I agree with Tartan about buying one of the new rulers that your rotary cutters ride in. I have cut myself too many times. I'm thinking about buying one for myself.
I bought both of my mats at a Remote Control Model Shop(DH's hobby-one of many !!lol) a while ago and paid OODLES less than one at any fabric store.. so maybe that is a thought .. it has a few extra items for the RC'er in the family, but has a great grid system. One is grey and one is green, I use them both and are the same thing as the mats that Olfa makes (probably the same manufacturer just for a different type of hobbyist!)