Old 05-11-2012, 08:25 AM
Maggiemay

Hi all, Just checking in to say hello & see what everyone is up (down?) to. My weight is holding steady but not giong up so I am glad. I am happy that I have lost 10 lb since the beginning of Dec. Not losing at warp speed or anything, but that is an average of about 1/2 lb a week.

I love cauliflower! My favorite is with browned buttered bread crumbs, but what wouldn't taste good with those on top!

Have fun with the new machine Everose! I am glad to hear you have been taking care of yourself. I imagine the care you are giving your mom must be very draining. I hope she would feel comfortable at the adult day care. Nice pillow cases too!

Beautiful dress Irishrose. I sewed garments for a long time & still enjoy doing one once in awhile. I made my husband a shirt awhile back & I was giving myself all kinds of pats on the back about how nice it was turning out & how I hadn't lost my touch....Then I held it up I discovered I had cut a HUGE hole in the sleeve when trimming the seam! I had to go out & buy more fabric, then take out the already trimmed sleeve...it still ended up turning out ok, but next time I won't be so cocky!

Have had a busy week. On Mon I drove 40 miles to pick up my friend & take her to her Dr appt 20 miles away so that turned out to be an almost all day event. I made her dinner too. All of her friends that live close by have been pitching in & I really wanted to be of some help. Tuesday we went to see my beloved Lakers play & lose at Staples Center. Yesterday my son & I drove up to Fresno to move the bulk of my daughter's stuff home from college for the summer. She will follow next week after finals. Tonight us & our 2 best couple friends are going to a Dave Kos jazz concert in Glendale & tomorrow we have a birthday party at the Magic Castle- a dinner theatre type place featuring magic performances. I think on Sunday I am just going to relax!