View Single Post
Old 05-11-2012, 10:21 AM
BuzzinBumble

Originally Posted by Neesie View Post
I'd weigh my options very carefully. How much harm will it do now, to tell him you lied? Forget about "clearing your conscience" and think how it will affect his feelings and your relationship. Will he forgive and forget . . . or will it cause him to have trouble trusting you, in the future?

Another question - Is there a way he'll find out about your lie, if you don't confess? If he's going to find out, it's better coming from you. If not, I'd keep quiet and try to forgive myself for fibbing.
Neesie's advice is different from the "confess all" advice you will usually get. But it is very practical advice and it puts your husband's feelings and your relationship at the forefront of your concern...So it is really good advice, as long as you don't fib or lie to him anymore.

I told a big lie to my husband once too. I told him the new cat was a stray, when in reality I lured it from the road side bushes and brought it home. That whopper bothered me for years. (And no... i am not a crazy cat lady )

Last edited by BuzzinBumble; 05-11-2012 at 10:23 AM.