View Single Post
Old 05-12-2012, 05:30 AM
Jenniky

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
GGal ... neat way to do the square in a square, though for me, I'd probably clip right thru and into the uncut square, so I think I'd best steer clear, for safety's sake!! Glad that the Texas Star has resurfaced and is no longer ♫♪♪ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GhHf_5-cdE ♪♪♫ And yes you will finish it before your 4th of July ........ some year!! How be you give us some pics of it on your design wall????

What say ALL? ... do you agree that GGal should show us some pics?

Muv ... Alas! we get to "see".. Yippppppeeeee!!!!!! And wow does it look wonderful. I'l be checking out your tutorial. As I said before, I haven't done applique to any extent, though am getting intrigued by it and can see me at least giving it a try!

Leggz .. Nice pattern!!! Looks like a spinoff from a Carpenter's Wheel. What are you looking for, for your border and backing choices? I can see a RW+B stripe border or what about a piano key border in the assorted fabrics you've used? Being that it's patriotic, backing would be nice in a patriotic print.

JenniKy ... oh please do show us some pics of what your applique in progress a la Muv!
Oh yes GGal I would love to see some pics..I have never done the square in square ... and Quilt E ... I was so enthused with Muv's tutorial I ended up working on using her antique applique method and made a pillow for my grandson..instead.. Oh but I do need to get on those last three squares and get my dgd's quilt top completed and off to a longarm quilter. Also the next clue is up for my patriotic quilt so wow... I need to get real busy. Posting a picture of the pillow I made using Muv's Antique method and also this was my first attempt ever at making prairie points after watching like six different tutorials. Im real please with my result..and now want to make him a matching nap blanket.. Oh my more projects on my design board.
Attached Thumbnails dsc01747.jpg   dsc01755.jpg   dsc01754.jpg