View Single Post
Old 09-13-2009, 01:51 PM
Skeat

Originally Posted by k3n
Just checking back to see if Mel sorted out her squirrel problem...

While I'm here, question for you Skeat - you keep chickens, I know. What do you do about mice in the henhouse? My Barney Cat is useless - he just sits in the doorway and watches them play :shock: :lol: ! Dougal Dog is quite a good mouse killer but he can't be given free access because he steals and eats the eggs :shock: :lol: ; obviously poison is not an option because of the chooks, any ideas?

Sorry for the hijack Mel - it's just that I saw Skeat was here and wanted to pick her brain! :oops: :D
Okay....I might be a smart country girl w/smart animal tricks...but, I was totally blonde in finding out I was part of a 'hijack' in skunk topic!!:)Oops...(besides, aren't we always bad about that...even in our quilting circles and topics?!)LOL Okay...here's the scoop on mice...I don't have any in the barn....I know that sounds crazy...but, I don't. I keep all my feed in the metal trash cans w/lids...I think that is a big plus in that and haven't ever found one in the hay:)I don't have a working cat either...it is too well fed! Could be a dog issue to the lack of...they love to find them in the field and play mouse ball...gross, I know...but, could be why the lack of too. I do know they sell at farm stores traps to catch them alive(rat ones too). Also...(don't read squimish people) the glue sticks work great! I do have some type of sign that reads...sneak to this house's attic! The glue traps work great! I don't want to think of dead mice full of poison in my insulation, etc:)So, give it a try..:)Skeat