View Single Post
Old 09-13-2009, 02:21 PM
Pea Soup

Hi everyone!
It's my first thread and I am new here. Have visited many threads and am so impressed with all the quilts. I'd like to share the one I just finished.

Made with 100% cotton Disney fabric and it has princesses all over it, both on the green fabric and on the blue! Very fun fabric and all related so well one would have thought it was designed with quilters in mind!

The backing is the lighter of the two pink fabrics. Both pink fabrics are also Disney fabrics and both have stars and really neat sparkly, glittery specks, all over them..

It measures 66x82 (fit for a twin). There are 320 blocks, made up of two pieces. That's 640 pieces total!!! Aaaarg!

I hand quilted all the layers together. First on my quilting rack, where I outlined all the diamonds. Then I removed the quilt off the rack and hand quilted princess crowns on the inside each of the diamonds, using a round embroidery hoop.

The binding is a combination of both the pink fabrics and is machine-stitched on the top and hand-stitched on the bottom.

Phew! Think it took longer to describe it than it did to make it. Hope you like and thank you for looking!!!

The back of the Princess quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]45116[/ATTACH]

A block up close.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]45126[/ATTACH]

The whole Princess quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]45186[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-45116.jpe   attachment-45126.jpe   attachment-45186.jpe