Old 05-12-2012, 10:02 AM
Krystyna
Swap Hosts

Off Topic Alert There is the sweetest young lady at the Joann's that I shop at most often. She is so helpful and thoughtful. A while ago she asked me if I would make a quilt for her from her deceased grandmother's house dresses. She said she couldn't bear to part with them so she thought a quilt would be lovely. I agreed. Well, I ran into her last night and we were chatting. I learned that she is going into the Air Force! It won't be until after Labor Day but I started thinking ... so many of us shop at Joann ... and here is a lovely young woman who is going to serve our country ... wouldn't it be wonderful if we could put together a patriotic quilt for her signed by quilters from all over our nation.
Do you think this is something that some of our members would be interested in doing? We did one for a woman named Marty who was very ill. You can see it in Post 348 of this thread. It would be a QAYG sort of thing. What do you think? If you think it would be a good thing, I'll start a thread.