View Single Post
Old 05-12-2012, 11:49 AM
BuzzinBumble

Well Thanks again for all the kind words everyone! i was trying to make the directinos look like what you would see in a store bought pattern.

Janis you had an interesting idea:

Originally Posted by Janis View Post
Thanks for the wonderful directions and picture of the darling pincushion cake. I'm thinking that my granddaughters would love the cake as a toy for their play kitchen, but no glass plate! Any ideas of how to make the cake into a birthday cake and put the candles on it? They just love blowing out candles. Making a tube and putting a little yellow 'flame' on it would be no problem, but how to attach the candle to the cake and make it stand up is what I'm trying to figure out. Thanks.
That is quite a quandary! The only thing my brain could storm was to use polyfill for the filling and make the cake top with two layers. In the outermost layer, you could position grommets to insert your fake candles through. Here is a picture of grommets so you can see maybe why i thought of them. Just curious Janis... what did you decide to use to make the candles and flames?
Attached Thumbnails grommets.png