Old 05-12-2012, 03:24 PM
AshleyR

Ok. My husband didn't want to cut into the desk. I found a sewing table for $5 so we brought it home. I removed the screws from the hinges that holds that table top. I didn't want a hole in the top, so we cut the back of the top as you can see in the pictures. I removed the back of the table and am using it as the front. My legs don't fit under a cabinet!

We cut the table top down to fit and supported it with discount lumber from Home Depot. All we did was screw them into the sides. We had to cut the corners (pun not intended!) for the table top; you might be able to see that in the pictures. Because I removed the back, we had to reinforce the legs. There is white tape in the front. I added a "bumper" onto those corners so my legs wouldn't get all scratched up and poked! I added a piece of vinyl to the left of the machine to cover the nails and splinters and help the quilt move.
The height is almost perfect. At least I know I can cut the legs down if I need to. That is seriously not an option with that desk. My husband told me today that if we move, it's staying here. It weighs about 7billion pounds.
Attached Thumbnails 1.jpeg