Old 05-12-2012, 06:35 PM
kiffie2413

Oh my quilty friends...how you do make me laugh!! Not about the migraines, tho...I have had too many kidney stones to count, given birth with no pain meds, and I can say some of my migraines had all of the above beat as far as pain! I used to get them so bad, twice a month like clockwork...Who knew that having a solid ovarian mass which led to a total hysterectomy at the age of 40 would have the added benefit of no more migraines??!!...Well, I may have had one or two in the 7 years since the surgery...but nothing like before! So, a lil ole vivelle-dot estrogen patch for me, and I am just fine thanks!! Beats the heck out of having to give myself the Imitrex shot every time a migraine was coming on...sometimes it helped, sometimes not so much...Yosamitesa, I am so glad you and your little one are ok! I must say I never had a migraine where I blacked out totally...I am sure that must be scary for you! Hope they can find out what is causing them for you...I also have Lupus, not diagnosed until 2 years ago...but have found out that it could have been the cause of mine...tho I think mine were more hormonal...Burchquilts, the dd calling them "my brains" was too funny...and the remark about being blissfully brain free...hmmm...maybe that is why after my MRI my Dr. said the results were "negative".??.. LOL...Anyways, sending out healing hugs to you all!
Kif