Old 05-12-2012, 08:46 PM
oksewglad
Power Poster

Well somewhere in central Indiana is an Interstate that goes from West to East and Covington is just to the north of it. I saw the city exit and waved, sorry you weren't home. Watch for me tomorrow sometime late in the afternoon. Today DD and I explored Lexington. In downtown, there's a lovely art gallery with several artists having studios in the upper floor. Varied styles, varied mediums, just a joy to look at. Particularly taken with a M McDonald. Lovely water colors and acrylics . Picked up a set of notecards of her watercolor barns. We did a bit of shopping, too. It's been ages since the 2 of us have had a shopping spree. Fun to watch DD spending her money and not mine!!! On our way back to hotel, she's the one that saw the Quilt Shop!! and turned around for me. The shop had just moved into a new location and it was grand opening, so got fabric 20% off as well. I'm making a Christmas wall hanging for my niece and found some fabrics to go with the ones I have already chosen. Yes I had brought my fabrics with me! We had to hustle to get to the wedding! But what fun we had today--wonderful Mother's Day gift from my only DD.